B-SURE AFRICA INSURANCE BROKERS PLATINUM PRODUCT
CAR HIREThe benefit holder receives a hired group B vehicle in the event that his/her insured vehicle has been damaged by way of accident or other insured against peril, this includes total loss. The vehicle is made available for 30 days (Terms & Conditions apply)
POTHOLE PROTECTThe Problem
All of us are aware that our roads take a pounding from heavy traffic which causes wear and tear as well as rain and storm damages and thus the dreaded “Pothole” has become a nasty reality for all of us. The unfortunate reality is that the authorities that manage the roads are stretched in terms of resources and funding and thus these potholes often take a long time to get fixed, if at all. As tax payers we have the right to expect more, however we don’t have a clear channel to address this problem.
Pothole Protect was set up to serve the need around the massive pothole (and roadwork’s) problem on the South African Roads, by alleviating the financial burden to drivers. Pothole Protect assists people (or insurance companies) in recovering 100% of the money that they have paid out as a result of pothole damages to their (or the insured’s) tyres or vehicle. These recoveries are made from the relevant Roads Authorities nationwide.
- Full recovery for pothole damages to tyres, mags and rims
- No limit on recovery i.e. recovery is for full tyre and not just unused tyre portion
- No excess payable
- Guaranteed exclusive discounts of up to 25% at Tiger Wheel and Tyre
- Hassle free claims administration
Our solution is simple and very effective:
- Relief – no queues or admin nightmares in dealing with Road Authorities and you receive your pay-outs in half the time compared to if you submitted the claim by yourself
- Recoveries - You receive 100% of all pay-outs from the Road Authorities with no additional costs to you
- Representation – our expert team provide full legal and administrative support and representation.
What do we offer you?
The Pothole Protect membership covers all the costs of lodging a claim against the Roads Authorities. At the end of the claim period, individuals receive 100% of the benefit as paid out by the Road Authorities, with no hidden deductions. In addition, Pothole Protect undertakes to do all administrative management of the claim from start to finish.
For the duration of the claim, you receive:
- Complete management of the claims process to obtain maximum possible compensation for tyres, wheel rims and mags damaged as a result of potholes (or roadwork’s) in SA;
- Dedicated full telephonic claim registration and tyre assessment services;
- Quick and effective service without any fuss or inconvenience to members;
- Free Assistance with quotes for replacement tyres and access to preferential rates through Pothole Protect tyre retail partners;
- Free case management and claim settlement facilitation with all the relevant roads management authorities;
- Proactive follow-ups to make sure potholes are repaired to prevent future incidents;
- Negotiated discounts on tyre related products such as tyre replacement and normal wear and tear from Tiger Wheel & Tyre.
What do you do?
- Phone the call centre during office hours and register your claim. Your membership number will be verified. You will be given a claim number and your claim will be assessed.
- After the assessment you will be informed by the Pothole Protect consultant of the merits of your claims and a view will be given as to the worth of proceeding with the claim.
- If you wish us to proceed with the claim (and we agree), then Pothole Protect will compile the claim file to be submitted to the relevant roads agency.
- Pothole Protect will help you with all the necessary administrative support and documentation preparation for submission.
- Pothole Protect will follow up with the relevant roads agency in order to obtain the compensation required
- You will need to provide the following information in order for us to submit your claim:
- Your ID Document;
- Your Driver’s License;
- The Registration Details of your Vehicle;
- 3 Written quotes for repair and Final invoice
- A Declaration signed by you confirming that you are not claiming from your Insurance Company and that the information is true.
- If the vehicle is insured, a letter from the Insurance Company stating that the damage was not claimed from them
- If the vehicle is not insured, a sworn affidavit stating that there is no insurance cover on the tyre damage.
- Note that the requirements may well vary according to the particular road agency.
Limits of Services
- Service is limited to irreparable tyre damage as a result of a pothole on a road within the borders of the Republic of South Africa.
- Pothole Protect will help only in respect of vehicles owned by you and your spouse;
- No service will be provided ;
- if you have already claimed or are in the process of claiming for the damage from your Insurance Company;
- the incident is not reported to us within 5 (five) working days of the incident;
- Where the assessor does not substantiate the merits of the case, if you do not agree, or there is material conflict between your assessment and that of the assessor, then the case will be referred to the Pothole Protect Advisory Panel. The decision of the Pothole Protect Advisory Panel will be final and binding on all the parties. The Pothole Protect Advisory Panel will consist of an admitted attorney as well as a tyre expert from a leading tyre retailer. Pothole Protect will not be responsible for any costs incurred in referring your case to the Panel.
- Any costs incurred from you being approached by an outside party, without written consent from Pothole Protect, will not be covered.
- You are at all times free to get outside second opinions but the costs of these will not be borne by Pothole Protect, unless same have been prior approved in writing.
- Your membership must be fully paid up at the time of the incident.
- At the time of the incident you must comply with all the legal and regulatory requirements of the Roads Acts of South Africa and other such relevant legislation.
- Pothole Protect does not guarantee recovery from the relevant roads agency. Service Level Commitment: The claim is activated once the member has registered it with the service provider. Thereafter, there will be a 5 - 15 working day turnaround period from the time that all supporting documentation has been received to get a response from the relevant road agency.
Service Level Commitment:
The claim is activated once the member has registered it with the service provider. Thereafter, there will be a 5 - 15 working day turnaround period from the time that all supporting documentation has been received to get a response from the relevant road agency.
Most road users have had a fine for a minor road indiscretion at some stage or another, yet often these are not paid up which can lead to increased penalties or even legal action. The problem is that it is often an expensive and timely exercise to check, verify and pursue any action to get the fines reduced and paid.
Fines Protect members have access to a unique service that is designed to take the hassle out of traffic fines. Fines Protect will work with members to firstly notify them of all fines, and then provide a quick, easy and painless channel to get these fines paid, with the added benefit of guaranteed fines reductions for members. Our solution is simple and very effective:
- Relief – no queues or admin nightmares in dealing with Traffic Departments. You have the benefit of a safe, secure fines payment facility which provides proof of fines settlement & peace of mind that there will be no nasty surprises at future road blocks
- Recoveries - 100% of all discounts/recoveries on all fines paid will be passed back to the member
- Representation – our expert team provide full legal and administrative support and representation on all traffic fines related matters.
What do we offer you?
- Quick and efficient traffic fines monitoring and notification system
- Easy, no fuss fines payment facility
- Full legal assistance to assess fines legitimacy and legality
- Proof of fines settlement & peace of mind that there will be no nasty surprises at future road blocks
- Guaranteed discounts on traffic fines from a minimum of 5% up to a maximum of 100%
- Commit to a 7 working day turnaround on fines notifications and a 48 hour turnaround on fines payments
How does it work?
- Fines Protect check the traffic fines database against any outstanding fines (using a copy of the member’s ID) – we then contact those members that do have outstanding fines
- Fines Protect will provide an invoice for fines payments
- Once member has paid on invoice, Fines Protect will provide proof that fine has been settled and that the fines have been cleared
- Fines Protect will collect supporting documents - a statement of the incident, a copy of the fine as well as a copy of driver’s license
- Fines Protect will present the merits of the fine to the relevant traffic department and any recovery/discount will be passed back to the member
SERVICE LEVEL COMMITMENT:
Fines Protect commits to a 7 working day turnaround on fines notifications and a 48 hour turnaround on fines payments.
Terms & Conditions
- Fines are said to be “issued” once they are posted onto www.paycity.co.za
- Fines Protect can only check and notify clients of fines that are posted onto www.paycity.co.za
- Other fines that are not posted onto www.paycity.co.za can be dealt with by Fines Protect, but Fines Protect must be notified of these by the client before Fines Protect service can commence.
- The full discount/recovery amount will be passed back to the client
- Fines Protect service is limited to traffic fines issued within the Republic of South Africa.
- Fines Protect service is limited to the main member
- Your membership must be fully paid up at the time of the fine being issued.
- At the time of the fine you must comply with all the legal and regulatory requirements of the Roads Acts of South Africa and other such relevant legislation.
- Fines Protect does not guarantee the performance of the traffic department.
- Fines Protect service does not include Aarto de-merit points reductions.
Fact is that all road users have to renew both their car and drivers licenses regularly. The problem is that there is no proactive renewal notification and these processes are extremely frustrating and time consuming due to filling in forms, getting eyes tested and waiting in queues at the post office or licensing departments. The process can also be costly due to penalties for late payment or the need for temporary driver’s licenses.
Our Solution – License Protect
License Protect members have access to a unique service that is designed to take the hassle out of both car and driver’s license renewals. License Protect will work with members to firstly notify them of license renewals, and then provide a quick, easy and painless channel to get these licenses renewed, with the added benefit of the complete convenience of a unique free home or office eye test and ID photo service as well as no need to put foot into a post office ever again.
Our solution is simple and very effective:
- Relief – no queues or admin nightmares in dealing with Licensing Department or Post Office. You also have the complete convenience of our unique free home or office eye test service as well as a convenient driver license photo facility
- Recoveries – we protect your pocket by making sure that you will never have to pay any penalty fees for car licenses or additional fees for temporary driver licenses
- Representation – our expert team provide full administrative support for all license renewal issues.
South Africa has one of the highest road accidents counts in the world, with statistics showing that someone will die in an accident every 13 minutes. The impact of this on the victim’s families in terms of physical and emotional loss is often catastrophic. Thankfully we do have support in the form of the Road Accident Fund (RAF) which provides compulsory cover for all users of South African roads against such road accident deaths or injuries.
The problem is that injured victims are faced with huge challenges when processing a claim with the RAF, at a time when they can ill afford this additional stress. Furthermore, the RAF claims process can be extremely costly, time consuming and complicated which makes getting compensation very difficult.
As a member of Accident Protect, if you are a victim of motor vehicle accidents in South Africa then you will get with immediate access to an effective Road Accident Fund (RAF) Claims Management System. 100% of the recovery will be paid back to you and your family.
Our solution is simple and very effective:
- Relief – no queues or admin nightmares and you receive your pay-outs from the RAF in half the time compared to your submitting the claim by yourself
- Recoveries - You receive 100% of all pay-outs from the RAF at no cost to yourself
- Representation – our expert team will provide full medical, legal and administrative support.
What do we offer you?
Accident Protect undertakes to do all administrative management of the claim from start to finish
Accident Protect will:
- provide legal representation;
- provide full administration and claims management;
- Assist with accident reconstruction;
- Provide required medico-legal reports;
- Provide required actuarial reports;
- Compile past and future loss of earnings reports;
- Compile past and future loss of support reports.
Who can claim?
- Any individual that has been injured as a result of a negligent driver
- The dependent of a deceased victim
- A close relative of the deceased in respect of funeral expenses
- Note any claimant under the age of 18 must be assisted by a parent or legal guardian.
What can you claim for?
- Past and future hospital and medical expenses;
- Past and future loss of income or earnings;
- Past and future loss of support for the dependant of a deceased or disabled victim;
- General damages for pain, suffering and disfigurement in the case of bodily injury;
- Necessary funeral expenses.
What do you do?
Contact the call centre during office hours (8am to 5pm during weekdays) and give the particulars of your case. Once we confirm your membership you will be given a case number and referred to our legal practitioner.
When you are involved in a motor accident in which there was bodily injury you will need the following information for the RAF:
- Date and time of the accident;
- The accident report – SAPS and/or traffic department reports and case numbers;
- Medical report from the first doctor who saw you after the accident;
- The names and addresses and telephone numbers of witnesses;
- Photographs of the accident and injuries if possible;
- Comprehensive insurance details if applicable;
- Medical and Hospital accounts;
- Certified copies of ID documents.
What we will do?
We will advise you on the merits of your claim and advice as to whether you should proceed If you wish to proceed with the claim (and we agree that the case merits this), we will arrange all the necessary consultations and opinions that — in the claims manager’s view — will be needed for your claim. This could include extra-legal consultations and reports, medico-legal opinions and medico-legal reports and actuarial opinions for loss of earnings resulting from your injuries.
- We will help with all the necessary administrative support and documentation preparation for your submission to the RAF.
- We will assess the medical expenses incurred as a direct result of your injury may be done to ensure a balanced and fair medical claim.
- We will finalize the claim and with your permission, present it on your behalf to the RAF for settlement.
- we will attend to all reasonable queries or requests for further particulars that the RAF might require to settle the claim.
Limits of Services
- We will limit our services where our legal practitioner does not substantiate the merits of the case. If this is in conflict with the view of the member or there is a material conflict between the member’s assessment and our legal practitioner’s assessment, the case will be referred to the Accident Protect advisory panel (which will consist of the Accident Protect legal advisor as well as 2 external impendent legal advisors) for review. The costs of this review process will be for the member’s own account.
- The member is at all times free to get outside second opinions but the cost of these will not be borne by Accident Protect unless approved in writing.
- The member is not obliged to use the services of Accident Protect in the event of which Accident Protect will not be liable for any costs incurred by these parties.
- The Accident Protect service is only available for accidents that occur in the RSA.
- The member must be fully paid-up and eligible for its services at the time of the motor accident.
- At the time of the accident the member must comply with all the legal and regulatory matters required by the Acts governing the RAF.
- Accident Protect does not guarantee performance from the RAF.
- If the identity of the offending driver or owner is known, the claim must be lodged within 3 years from the date on which the event happened
- If the identity of the offending driver or owner is not known, the claim must be lodged within 2 years from the date on which the claim arose.
- Property damage cannot be claimed from the RAF.
- Where possible, an accident must be reported to the police by the driver/owner.
- Any Compensation received from the Compensation Commissioner where a person is injured on duty, will be taken off any RAF settlement
- The RAF may require a person to submit to investigations and medical examinations.
- if you unreasonably refuse or fail to cooperate with the RAF during its investigation you may lose your right to claim
- The Accident Protect offering is complimentary to other insurance products and should be considered in conjunction with having vehicle insurance, accident insurance, travel insurance, life insurance and Disability insurance.
Service Level Commitment:
Accident Protect commits to a 10 working day turnaround on medical expenses, a 3 week turnaround on funeral expenses from the date that all supporting documentation is received, and a commitment to expedite all other injury claims as fast as possible for Road Accident Fund (RAF) recoveries. Members are paid out from the RAF depending on what the claim type. Funeral expenses as an example are paid within 6 weeks while a serious brain injury can take up to 2 years.
Relief - Recoveries –Assistance
With the police now able to arrest anyone with outstanding traffic fines or traffic offences, the number of people in South Africa who can be arrested and be granted bail for relatively minor traffic offences is increasing. Added to this, the reported cases of unlawful arrest and arrests using unnecessary force are also increasing. The states of our jails are scary to say the least, so the thought of spending any time behind bars is terrifying for anyone. Bail is a legal right, but the problem is that many people are unaware of this right or how to access it.
We have an innovative service for our beneficiaries providing assistance in posting bail following arrest for a minor crime. This service assists in exercising your legal right, however, the transgressor still faces the full extent of the law for whatever it is alleged that he/she has done. Our solution is simple and very effective:
- Relief – You have peace of mind that we are available 24/7 to post bail on your behalf and thereby ensure that you don’t have to spend unnecessary time behind bars.
- Recoveries – You don’t have to worry about having funds available or being able to access them as we’ll post bail of up to R3, 000 on your behalf.
What do we Offer:
The Bail Protect membership provides assistance in posting bail following arrest for a minor crime. This service assists in exercising your legal right to bail. In addition, Bail Protect undertakes to do all administrative management of the bail from start to finish. For the duration of the claim, you receive:
- 24/7 365 days a year call centre support if you are arrested and require bail.
- Comprehensive Legal advice on your rights regarding your arrest and bail.
- Assistance by contacting the police officer on duty to verify the arrest and bail details.
- Contact with your family to advise them of bail assistance.
- Assistance on your behalf where we ensure that we report to the relevant police station to post your bail.
- After bail follow up and assistance.
You will be covered in typical cases like:
- Road traffic offences such as neglecting to pay speeding fines
- Failure to appear in court to defend such traffic offences (contempt of court)
- Driving while under the influence of alcohol
- Common assault
- Shoplifting or theft where the amount is less than R 2 500
- Fraud where the value involved does not exceed R 2 500
- Illicit possession of dagga where the amount does not exceed 115 grams
- Drinking in public
- Public disturbance
Who is entitled to Claim?
Any Bail Protect beneficiary, provided the membership fees are paid and up to date
How do you claim with us?
Contact the Call Centre and give the particulars of your case. Your membership details will be verified, and you will be given a case number.
- We will contact the officer on duty to verify the arrest and bail details;
- We will SMS you to verify that an agent will be dispatched to post bail;
- We will contact your spouse/partner to advise of bail assistance;
- We will ensure that our agent reports to the relevant police station within 4 hours of receiving bail assistance request;
- We will obtain the original bail receipt from the police official;
- We will contact you one day after your 1st court appearance to determine the outcome;
- We will continue to follow up with you until your matter is finalized in court
- Our lawyers will advise you on any issue regarding your arrest and bail
Terms and Conditions
- The maximum amount of bail per incident is R3 000. No assistance is available for bail in excess of this amount.
- If bail is granted, you will be asked to accept the terms and conditions (delivery of the receipt and bail and legal costs will be owed to Bail Protect if the policyholder does not appear at court at the allotted time and date).
- The bail will only be paid directly to the courts or government body via cash to the police departments or via attorney trust accounts to the relevant courts.
- The receipt for the bail payment must be given to the service administrator or its appointed agents or posted by registered mail within 24 hours of payment of bail, failing which a penalty of R500 will apply.
- If you do not appear at court on your appointed date, or if you appear but Bail Protect cannot recover the bail loan for whatever reason, you will be liable to pay the service provider the amount of the bail plus any legal costs incurred.
Limits of Service
No bail assistance will be provided where:
- the amount of bail exceeds R 3,000
- the crime of which the beneficiary is accused is classified as one of the following:
- Assault with Grievous Bodily Harm
- Murder or Attempted murder
- Child abuse
- Child pornography
- Dealing in drugs
- Armed robbery or robbery with aggravating circumstances
- Treason, sabotage or subversion
- the crime of which the beneficiary is accused is classified as one contemplated in Part II or Part III of Schedule 2 of the Criminal Procedure Act, 51 of 1977;
- the Issuing Authority is outside the Republic of South Africa; the Issuing Authority is anyone other than an authorized police official as contemplated in Section 59 of the Criminal Procedure Act, 51 of 1977
- the beneficiary’s fees have not been paid
- a claim has previously been paid under this Agreement where the beneficiary did not supply the Administrator with the receipt for the bail within 24 hours of the payment being lodged with the Issuing Authority and/or where the beneficiary did not appear in court as per the bail conditions.